Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Recipe Gurl's Easy Pantry Salad

Source
 
 
So after a week of vacation and consuming nothing but Corona beer, crab legs dipped in raw butter, and hush puppies, I was in the mood for a healthy and light dinner to start my vacation detox. I was totally not inspired at the grocery store, so all I picked up was lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, an onion, and some chicken tenders for the grill. So when I got home I knew I was going to make a salad but what I purchased at the store was only the makings for a boring salad. So thanks to the ingredients I already had in my pantry and my fridge I created this unique salad.  Who would have ever thought capers would even be good in a salad? So try this one night when you're in the mood for something light but not boring. I would say it's kind of my twist on a plain old caesar salad.
 
Ingredients:
 
chicken tenders
light sun dried tomato dressing
romaine lettuce
tomatoes (diced)
red onion (finely chopped)
cucumber (diced)
eggs (hard boiled then chopped)
bacon bits (I use the Hormel 50% less fat real bacon bits)
capers
light creamy caesar dressing
low fat or whole wheat seasoned croutons
 
Directions:
 
Place chicken tenders in a ziploc bag, cover them liberally in sun dried tomato dressing and marinate in the fridge for a couple hours. Grill the chicken on a grill or cook in a pan. While the chicken is cooking assemble your salad with the ingredients above and use as much or little of the ingredients as you like to your taste. Place the grilled chicken on top of the salad, drizzle light creamy caesar dressing on top, and enjoy!
 
xoxo,
Katina

No comments:

Post a Comment