Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Round-Up

So this weekend I ran out of a lot of my normal cosmetics (why is it that I run out of everything at the same time?!), so I went to my local CVS (my FAVE place to buy drugstore brands since I always save money with my CVS card.  If you have a CVS in your area, I highly suggest you start shopping there since they always have amazing sales and discounts on cosmetics) and picked up some old faves as well as some new items that I am loving so I thought I'd share.





1.  First and foremost - Revlon's Nail Polish in 'Gray Suede' - this is the most PERFECT NUDE.  I have to say that I got the polish because it had the word 'gray' in it...but this is not a gray polish...it is the most perfect, not shimmery (which I hate), beigy-nude.  I have already blogged several times about Revlon's nailpolishes, but I'll say it again - these are my fave polishes over most of the more expensive brands since they don't chip, last forever, dry quickly and apply easily.  (I swear I'm not getting paid by Revlon - even though I probably should be by now).

2.  Revlon's Lipglosses - a) Super Lustrous in Coral Reef - again, the most perfect coral lipgloss.  It's lightweight, yet stays on (not all day) but for a good while.  I'm sure this coral would look good on anyone since it goes on semi-sheer but can be layered to get a deeper look.  b) Colorburst in Rosepearl - I wear this gloss almost everyday to work.  It goes with any look and it just the prettiest nude-pink with a hint of gold.  Again, I'm sure this color could look good on anyone. The Colorburst lipglosses stay on quite a bit longer than the Super Lustrous since it goes on a little thicker.  Since wearing the Rosepearl to work, I have received so many compliments from my co-workers.  

3.  Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Cloud Wine- I have to thank Katina (aka Recipe Gurl) for this find.  I usually never use Maybelline and especially didn't think my skin would appreciate a mousse-like blush - but I am loving this sheer color wash and dewy-look this gives my cheeks!  I've been wearing Nars Orgasm for the last like six years of my life but recently my make-up artist, David Frohmberg, told me that I needed to wear more raspberry-like colors instead of corals (don't get me wrong, I still LOVE Nars Orgasm and refuse to give it up)...so this Cloud Wine is that perfectly gorgeous raspberry color I've been looking for.  And I didn't think that a mousse would last, but it really does last all day.

4.  Covergirl Last Perfection Volumizing Mascara - I've always been a Covergirl Mascara kind of girl but this new mascara from them is by far my favorite.  It gives my boyish eyelashes volume and length and doesn't flake or wear off during the day - what more could a girl ask for?  

5. Olay Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream - So I've only been using this for a couple of days and thankfully I don't have major wrinkles around my eyes...yet...but I was using Garnier's anti-wrinkle eye cream for the past couple of months or so and I have to say that I just like how this stuff feels compared to Garnier.  Garnier's cream went on very thin and on many occasions burned my eyes if I got too carried away.  The Olay cream goes on uber thick and creamy and never even comes close to stinging my skin or eyes.  It then in turn, makes my under eye concealer go on more smoothly -making me love it even more.  So I can't say if I see a huge difference in my 'wrinkles' but it is a great cream for your eyes before you put on your makeup.  And hopefully I will notice a difference in the next five?...ten?.. years.

What are your favorite Drugstore Must-Haves??

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment