Here are three fool-proof recipes that Katina and I have made in the past two weeks:
Crock-pot Angel Chicken
1 8-oz. pkg. fresh button mushrooms, quartered
1 6-oz. pkg. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
1/4 cup butter
1 0.7-oz. pkg. Italian dry salad dressing mix
1 10-3/4-oz. can condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 of an 8-oz. tub cream cheese spread with chives and onion
Hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta
1. Melt butter in a saucepan
2. Add in italian dressing packet
3. Stir in soup , wine and cream cheese until it combines and melts
4. Cut up mushrooms (I used all button)
5. Place mushrooms on the bottom of slow cooker...top with chicken....pour sauce on top...close top and cook on low for 5 hours....
Spoon Chicken onto Pasta, Rice or even eat all by it's divine self!
Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
This recipe made so much that we ate sandwiches for two days. On the third day, I ate this cold, as a dip with tortilla chips. Talk about a meal that keeps on giving.
The next recipe comes from Recipe Gurl's Kitchen. I don't eat red meat but plan on making this for the BF since Pot Roast is his fave comfort food.
Crock-Pot Company Pot Roast
- 1 (2-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (.35-ounce) package dried morel mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 medium onions (about 3/4 pound), quartered
- 1 (16-ounce) package carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 16 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1. Combine roast, soy sauce, and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2. Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan; add mushrooms. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain mushrooms through a cheesecloth-lines colander over a bowl, reserving broth mixture.
- 3. Remove roast from bag, reserving marinade. Sprinkle roast with pepper, gently pressing pepper into roast. Combine reserved marinade, mushroom broth mixture, and tomato paste; stir well, and set aside.
- 4. Place mushrooms, onion, carrot and potato in a 6-quart electric slow cooker; toss gently.
- 5. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast, browing well on all sides. Place roast over vegetables in slow cooker. Pour tomato paste mixture into pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour tomato paste mixture over roast and vegetables. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour. Reduce to low-heat setting, and cook 8 hours or until roast is tender. Place roast and vegetables on a serving platter; keep warm. Reserve liquid in slow cooker; increase to high-heat setting.
- 6. Place flour in a small bowl. Gradually add water, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add flour mixture to liquid in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.
I hope you enjoy these delicious, time saving and easy dinners!!
Amanda and Katina