Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cheap and Easy Dinner - Cajun Baked Tilapia with Yellow Rice and Black Beans

Tilapia With Cajun Seasoned Crumb Topping
Diana Rattray


Cheap and Easy - just the way I like my dinners.  So last week at my weekly dinner with my mom - she, as usual, made a very tasty tilapia using only Cajun Seasoning, Garlic Salt and Olive Oil.  I wanted to recreate it this week but with a different twist.  I found a recipe online for baked Cajun Tilapia and decided to jazz it up a bit with Panko breadcrumbs.  It came out so delicious and super super easy.  If I can make this without a disaster and have it turn out yummy, then it should be a complete cake-walk for anyone else.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 4 to 6 tilapia fillets
  • 1 cup soft fresh bread crumbs
  • 4 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
  • Pinch dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Dash black pepper

Preparation:

Heat oven to 400°. Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish. Arrange fish fillets on the prepared baking pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter with the bread crumbs and seasonings. Sprinkle the crumbs over the tilapia fillets. Bake the fish fillets for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. Fish will flake easily with a fork when done.
Carefully remove the fillets to plates with a spatula.
Serves 4.


I then bought Yellow Rice on sale at my local grocery store and just added a little hot sauce and  black beans and called it a side.

You can find the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment